Location: The Waikiki-Diamond Head shoreline FMA
extends from the ewa wall of the Waikiki War Memorial Natatorium to the Diamond
Head Lighthouse, from the high water mark out to a minimum seaward distance of
500 yards, or to the seaward edge of the fringing reef if one occurs beyond 500
- "Open to fishing" from January 1 to
December 31 of even-numbered years (1994, 1996, etc.).
- "Closed to fishing" from January 1 to
December 31 of odd-numbered years (1995, 1997, etc.).
- To fish for, take or possess any legal size
marine life in season during the "open to fishing" period,
provided that only hook-and-line, thrownet, handnet to land hooked fish, and
spear fishing and hand harvesting methods are employed.
- With a permit to engage in activities otherwise
prohibited by law for scientific, propagation or other purposes.
- To fish for, take or injure any marine life
(including eggs), or to possess in the water any fishing gear during the
"closed to fishing" period.
- To use any spear between the hours of 6:00 pm to
6:00 am, or have or possess in the water any trap or net except thrownet or
handnet to land hooked fish during the "open to fishing" period.