Location: Kaunakakai Harbor is located on the southern coast of the island of
Moloka'i. As shown in the map, portions of the harbor designed
"Area lA" and "Area lB" are separated by a line extending
from the Channel Range Lights, and portions of the small craft harbor are designated "Area 2".
- Within Area lA, fishing with thrownet or pole
and line; taking baitfish in season, with a bait license; and fishing with nets
- with a permit from the Board of Land and Natural Resources,
- with clearance from the Department of Transportation, and
- except at night when nets may not be set, nor remain in the water unless to
complete unloading fish.
- Within Area lB, fishing with thrownet or pole
- Within Area 2, fishing with pole and line;
using hand nets no longer than 3 feet in any dimension to take shrimp or land
fish already hooked.
- Within Area 1 A, using nets except as described
above; obstructing passage of vessels.
- Within Area lB, using any type of net except
- Within Area 2, using any type of net, except
hand nets as described above.